Skip to main navigation.

Outage Steps

In case of an outage or power failure, please do the following:

  1. Check the circuit breakers--the switches on your yard pole.  Push them to the "OFF" position and then to the "ON" position to be sure that they are not the source of trouble.
  2. Check for power in two buildings or be sure that your fuses are not blown.
  3. Check to see if your neighbor has power.  This helps us locate the trouble.
  4. As soon as you have determined the trouble is not yours, call the Cooperative office in Linton---LOCAL NUMBERS call 254-4666 - LONG DISTANCE call toll free 1.800.472.2673.

Please be able to give the following information:

  1. Account number and the number on your yard pole. 
  2. Do you know what caused the outage or where the trouble is?
  3. Roads--if a special road is necessary to get to your farm, as in the winter, we would like to know where it is and how to get to your farm.
  4. Time of outage--when did you discover that you didn't have power?

Service Fee

The Cooperative will service all line trouble or outages up to and including the yard pole.  This does not include the member’s yard light or its switch control unit.  Should the member report an outage and KEM’s linemen find the circuit breakers (switches) on the yard pole in the "OFF" position which was the cause of the outage, the member will be charged the $100.00 service fee.  This service fee also applies if the trouble is found beyond the yard pole—the member’s own wiring.  It is very important that the member check their own wiring, fuses or switches, because it may save the member $100.00.